Category: News

  • What took place at the Iranian Natanz nuclear facility?

    What took place at the Iranian Natanz nuclear facility?

    The incident is the third mysterious explosion in a week and has led to many questions.

    By SETH J. FRANTZMAN  | Jerusalem Post 

    The plot thickened on Thursday afternoon hours after a building at a nuclear facility looked to have blown up in Iran. Reports of a “explosive device planted,” and an early warning, as well as a dissident group taking responsibility now adds to questions and concerns about what happened at the sensitive site.The building affected by some kind of an explosion is located at the Natanz nuclear enrichment facility. Iran had alerted the world to the incident in the morning of July 2 and even took state media for a tour to show that while there had been some kind of incident, the nuclear facility was not in danger. It is the third mysterious explosion in a week and has led to many questions.The New York Times reported that “a Middle Eastern intelligence official…said the blast was caused by an explosive device planted inside the facility. The explosion, he said, destroyed much of the above ground parts of the facility.”This is important because it was allegedly the above ground portion of a larger area where new centrifuges are “balanced before they are put into operations.” Iran is known for building underground facilities that obscure or protect their activities, including at missile and nuclear sites.It now looks increasingly likely the incident was deliberate, an attack of act of sabotage. Adding to the question of how this happened, a group called the “Homeland Panthers” claimed responsibility, according to emails allegedly sent to BBC Persian. The emails arrived “hours before any news of the incident had emerged,” according to Radio Farda. The emails however claimed something more complex. They asserted there was an attack and then a cover up. They wanted to blow the lid on the cover up.When did the attack happen?Around two in the morning on July 2. It was not widely reported in Iranian media until some eight hours later. IRIB News gave a tour of the area that was burned in the afternoon. The Associated Press noted that the US National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration has data from a satellite tracking fires that shows a fire at around 2 a.m. This corresponds with someone on the ground who allegedly heard an explosion.

    https://twitter.com/JasonMBrodsky/status/1278711235614310403

    The Associated Press report quotes Fabian Hinz of the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies as noting the fire took place at a new centrifuge production facility. David Albright of the Institute for Science and International Security agreed that the fire was at a new production facility. This would be a set back for Iran’s production. Hinz said it could delay the advancement of centrifuge technology.Iran may be hinting at threats to Israel now.An analysis piece at IRNA news said the “Zionist regime and the US” were crossing red lines. Natanz has been struck in the past. In 2010 workers found that high-speed centrifuges had been sabotaged by the Stuxnet computer worm. In November 2019 as Iran began to walk away from the Iran nuclear deal in response to the US also leaving the deal, the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran said it had doubled the number of advanced centrifuges at the site. Iran had previously agreed to install only 5,060 of the lesser efficient centrifuges it had at Natanz until 2026. An inspector of the site was also denied entry the same month. This means it was widely known last year that Iran was progressing with enrichment at Natanz. According to reports at the end of last year it had unveiled 30 IR-6 centrifuges and there were 60 of these spinning at Natanz at the time.

    Source: www.jpost.com: What took place at the Iranian Natanz nuclear facility?

    Managing Editors Note:

    The incident at Natanz comes a week after an explosion at or near another suspected nuclear site, Parchin, just east of Tehran and a day after an explosion in a hospital in Tehran.

    Who the “Homeland Panthers” are is unclear, as the MEK, who are the Kurdish resistance to the ayatollahs, denied any responsibility for the explosion at Natanz. Official Iranian state media are pointing to Israel as the culprit.

    — KITDAFBS — 04 July 2020

  • Study ties hydroxychloroquine use to lower COVID-19 death rate

    Study ties hydroxychloroquine use to lower COVID-19 death rate

    BY MARTY JOHNSON – 07/03/20 02:47 PM EDT

    A study released Thursday links the use of hydroxychloroquine by COVID-19 patients to lower death rates, as health experts around the country try to find an effective treatment to combat the pandemic.

    The study, conducted by Michigan’s Henry Ford Health System, states that hydroxychloroquine, the controversial anti-malarial drug heralded by the White House as a potential treatment for the coronavirus, “significantly” lowered the mortality rate among COVID-19 patients.

    In patients who received the drug, the death rate was 13 percent as compared to a death rate of 26.4 percent in patients who weren’t administered the treatment.

    “The findings have been highly analyzed and peer-reviewed,” Marcus Zervos, co-author of the study and division head of Infectious Disease for Henry Ford Health System, said in a statement. “We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring. Our dosing also differed from other studies not showing a benefit of the drug.”

    However, several weeks ago the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) yanked hydroxychloroquine’s emergency use authorization, citing data from a large randomized controlled trial that showed no difference between using hydroxychloroquine and standard COVID-19 treatment.

    Doctors have also warned that the drug, mainly used to combat malaria and lupus, could cause fatal cardiac problems.

    Earlier this week, the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency said that its global trials of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, another anti-malarial drug, would resume Friday. 

    Source: thehill.com: Study ties hydroxychloroquine use to lower COVID-19 death rate


    Rogue Unicorn’s take…….

    I have been behind this treatment option from the start. With careful cardiac monitoring, and dosing according to this study’s parameters, the benefits appear to clearly outweigh the risks.

    What do YOU think. If you or a loved one were to contract Covid-19 would you want this treatment employed?

  • May and June gun sales break all previous records

    May and June gun sales break all previous records

    Gun sales increased 80.2% in May compared to last year

    FoxBusiness.com: Gun sales break May record amid coronavirus pandemic, riots

    Gun background checks hit record high in June, a sign of booming sales, FBI reveals

    The record numbers come at a time when the U.S. is gripped in a pandemic, an economic downturn and a racial reckoning over police brutality that has erupted at times into civil unrest

    FoxNews.com: Gun background checks hit record high in June, a sign of booming sales, FBI reveals

    Firearm-related background checks reached 3.9 million in June, the most since the tracking system was created more than two decades ago amid multiple crises in the coronavirus pandemic, an economic downfall and protests over police brutality and racial injustice.

    The lastest numbers are the most since the FBI began tracking such checks in 1998.

    “More than 19 million checks — a key barometer for gun sales — were conducted in the first half of 2020, more than all of 2012 and many years prior. Gun sales usually see an uptick in presidential election years over fears an incoming president could restrict access to firearms.”

    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Two things will come from this, the argument over high capacity magazines is over for now. People have seen the news videos of multiple attackers confronting citizens and are rightfully alarmed. This is not about defending yourself from burglars or home invaders. People are alarmed that the mob may actually bring the riots and looting into the suburbs. According to FBI stats, 8.3 million guns have been purchased in the last 3 months. Those people will be voters and they are not going to let politicians strip them of their right to self defense.

    The Giffords Center and the Brady Bunch have been crying over this for a couple of months, claiming people don’t have the training, don’t know the laws etc. Nobody cares what they think anymore, when they are worried about defending the homes and families.

    My local gun store has been going non stop for weeks, they have just about stripped the shelves of any handguns and the AR15’s have been gone for a couple of weeks. Handgun and AR ammo has completely disappeared, this should be a warning, it’s isn’t the usual ammo shortages during the Obama era. It’s going to be months before the supply chain is replenished, probably September according to my sources.

    If you lose the soccer mom’s it’s over, all the feel good liberal policies go out the window when their children are threatened.

    https://twitter.com/FreeIllinoisNow/status/1277883905115402245

    Here’s the actual video of the event, the “protesters” broke out the back side window of her car with a crowbar.

    https://twitter.com/LinlMax/status/1276227282135158784